Our Beautiful One Year Old

Our Beautiful One Year Old

Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's a ...

Today James and I went for our 20 week ultrasound. Never in my life have I had to go to the bathroom so badly (you cannot go to the bathroom prior to an ultrasound). So, I get all hooked up and there is Baby Coursey. As soon as the machine is turned on, there is the baby staring up at us. We saw the baby moving it's arms, legs, and just moving in general. All of a sudden we got a little surprise. The baby opened HIS legs. The technician saw a sack and his penis. I wanted to know for sure so we looked over and over. Occasionally, the baby would open his hands and open his mouth. He is so cute! At this time, the baby is 12 oz . The babies heart was beating rapidly. He had a heart rate of 142. That is fairly normal. The normal range is from 120 to 160. It is so tiny but it's amazing. I was so nervous, but God is good and our little one is progressing nicely.

No comments: