Our Beautiful One Year Old

Our Beautiful One Year Old

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Induction

Today, James and I are going in for an induction. We had to be at Doylestown Hospital at 8:30 am. I knew I probably would not be able to eat for a while, so I decided that it would be a good idea to have a good breakfast. James and I stopped off at IHOP for a good meal prior to going to the hospital. Once we arrived at the hospital I changed into hospital gear and waited for my doctor to arrive. Around 10:30 am Dr. Adofo began the medication that would help me go into labor. James and I played cards, watched tv and slept waiting the 12 hours until I would find out if I dialated any. Around 10:30 pm I found out I was barely 1 cm. I was then given some medicine to help me dialate. Then the contractions started and now I know what contractions feel like (bad cramps). Around 4:00 am (or so) the next morning I was given an epidural for the pain. I was so scared and James or mom could not be in the room. I just prayed as the nurse held my hand and talked me through the contractions I was having and the epidural. As I was sleeping (or trying to sleep) the nurses would come in and move me from side to center to the other side. The reason why is because as my contractions grew closer, James' heartbeat would drop and then come back up. Around 6:30 am I was told I am only 4 cm and the baby is in distress when I contract, so I am going to have to have a c-section. James quickly got dressed as they began to prep me. Mom could not go in and I know all she was doing was praying! Well, God is good because I heard my doctor say time check 6:53 and the next thing I heard at 6:58 was James crying!

No comments: